Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Day 24

So today was a very busy day.

Work, run, dentist, isla, work, grocery strore, blog.

Phew- it was a very long day, and tomorrow will be long, and thursday will be long too. LONG WEEK.

Okay, so today.  Work morning was only 3 hours, but it was a long 3 hours of interesting things.

When I left work I went to pick up the car and fit in my run, I had just enough time to run a mile on the vita trail- i listened to regina/rilo kiley and it reminded me how much Fall time screams for Rilo Kiley.  I LOVE THEM!  It reminded me of the fall time going to see shows with Allison and screaming at them from the front row after waiting for 12+ hours for them to arrive.  I remember eating chinese food and sitting for hours in the hot sun/ cold cement sidewalk.  Those were great times.

After picking up Isla we jetted to the Park on Park for a small bit until it was time for her mom to come home.  And OMG there was a gaggle of moms and their kids and it reminded me of the book Little Children of all the playground moms sharing all their playground mom troubles. "it is just always all me all the time" and "it was exactly 30 min. to walk here, we have to leave at 435 exactly so we can see Harry before he goes back to work for his late meeting" "ugh, these jeans are falling down, they're my 'mom' jeans" OMG listening to them air their laundry to each other was gross. and sad at the same time.  The only valuable things these women had to talk about was their routines surrounding around their kids.  Where did they go?  Where were the conversations about them, not just their kids.  I find this happens a lot and it makes me angry, why do moms lose themselves becuase they have kids. 

In my running I have found that having some "me time" is really important.  Having that little bit of time to go for a run and be just by myself is really helpful and therapeutic.  I listen to the music I want to and I don't have to entertain or talk or be with anyone, but myself.  It's hard to get it going but once I do it's so wonderful.  I think everyone needs to have something that they do everyday just by themselves.  Even if it's just a cup of coffee or a shower to clear their mind and be by themselves.  But I'm really enjoying having the run be just mine. 

Tomorrow is day 25. Great job MegAnne.

I'm tired, the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment