Thursday, September 5, 2013

12/365

Today was a wonderful day.  It's Rosh Hasanah- so that means I have the day off! 

I thought I was going to sleep in, but decided to spend the morning on the couch with Jason before he left for school- we talked about how I was going to run at some point, wasn't sure when.

After doing my morning stuff, I got a message from a co-worker asking if I wanted to go for a run.  At pony pasture.  A TRAIL.  My immediate answer is "yes! great idea!"  then after...I started to panic.  Remembering what happened last July- my Splash and Dash catastrophe. 

We met at Ellwood Thompson's to fill out a form for a fitness contest then headed to the trail. 

IT WAS SO FUN!  We ran 2 miles, at a 12 min. mile pace and it felt to good!  The trail was so fun, I just kept turning in any direction like I was in a real life version of Temple Run and it was so much fun!  Amanda and I chit chatted about how good it felt to be in nature running and moving, and it was.  SO NICE!

I know Jason has told me many times the serenity of it all- I never knew what he meant.  But today I agreed to run with a co-worker for the first time, at a trail and it was perfect.

Then this afternoon Jason and I ran to Starbucks to get me a PSL!!!!! YUM!!!  So it was another .6 miles.  Perfect, my total today is 2.6-

B-E-A-UTIFUL!!!!

I only have 2.4 miles left to run this week to make my goal!  I'm so proud...I'm doing it- really really really doing it!

I also met Katie for tacos at an old porn store and it was perfect.  I miss her energy in my life.

Speaking of- I caught up with Beckie too.  I miss her so much, sometimes it's hard to express to her. 

Life is fast, hard, and complicated.

Top 5-
a. kit kats
b. fall cool bike rides
c. morning cuddles
d. kitty snuggles
e. WEEKENDS!

No comments:

Post a Comment