Today. Was. Perfect!
Woke up this morning and drank some water while getting ready-
then Jason and I headed out to run around brown's island and belle isle. Probably about 3 miles, maybe 3.5.
Well we decided to try to go to forrest hill park and do a lap around there and then finish on belle isle- so it was a bit different route.
Long story short- we started on the trail where I sprained my ankle last year and it was perfect! I made it!!! Then we looped over to the far side of the river and ran until we hit a staircase up to riverside dr. Then I had to take a pit stop and release some waste! :) Then we started on riverside drive to get to forrest hill park- we were at about 2.5 miles and about 30 min. and I convinced J that we wouldn't have enough time to make it there and back before getting to our bikes by 10- so we turned around and then made our way back along the river to the bridge again and then made a loop around belle isle on the other side before running back to the bikes! My watch was clocking 5.17. I stopped it while I went to the bathroom and I stopped it when we were walking up the stairs. So give or take about .15 I'm going to count this run as 5 miles!!!
I MADE MY SURPRISE GOAL OF 5 MILES!
And it was so much better because I conquered that bloody trail that claimed 6 weeks of my life last year!
So starting the week off a bit high, but that means I can chillax a little this week!
I feel so so so good.
5 things I'm learning about myself
- i can run and talk
- i love seeing all the beautiful wildflowers
- it bugs me when people don't acknowledge me when I pass them
- i think i might be in love with trails
- i am a runner
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment