5 people I saw today-
- 2 girls i saw at the start of my run, saw them twice- gave me a high five
- a couple walking 2 dogs drinking starbucks and looking stuffy
- the owner of the west franklin b&b pruning the flowers in the yard
- someone cleaning out their garage with a leaf blower
- someone smoking a cig and sweeping the sidewalk on sheppard
So holy shit- i've made it to day seven of running.
Today i went out with no plan and ended up running from my house to davis, to monument, to roseneth, then back home again. it felt soooooo good. I'm excited for the fall to come. That's when I'll start to get longer runs in.
Today was 2 miles, i probably could've gone further if i hadn't of turned around at davis. I just kept giving myself little milestones to make it to. the street light, the boulevard, robinson, then after then i just made my mental mark so i turned around. next time it will be campus and back. that's 5 miles!
so my weekly miles is.....2.9, 1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 2, 1.4, 2= 11.9 miles!
WOW! okay, the number to beat next week is 12. I can totally do that! :)
So this morning I decided to buy a new regina spektor album to listen to. I'm been testing it out before I buy it for a couple weeks and knew that I really wanted to treat myself to a running treat. So, I figured out how to do so and put it on jason's ipod which i hope he is okay with. it was so wonderful to run to some emotional music to take my mine off of running and let it calm down. though on the flip side after i got back home and was cooling off right before writing this i started to think about my dad and then right after, my mom.
i really never thought that i would be as affected by her death as I am. I've been having a really hard time recently with it all. I just feel so stretched and stressed and just over all out of control of things. Which is why I think I'm latching on to this running gig. It gives me something concrete to hold on to and feel like I totally control. I guess that's a good thing. It's almost been 6 months. Today I was fiddling with my earrings and lost a screw backing of hers and I got upset at myself. A little piece of metal which is forever taking refuge in the couch (I think).
I called my dad to say hi. It had been too long. Since the memorial. I invited him down for his birthday to go out to dinner- he then informed me that he'll be in Las Vegas at a golf tournament- for 10 days! YIKES! I hope that's a fun time for him. He needs it.
Well alright- time to go cry in the shower while getting ready for jason's parents visit this afternoon.
12 miles- i'm amazing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment