Two weeks tomorrow from falling smack on my face during the race. My foot has 90% returned to it's shape and color. I still have some tenderness on the sides of my foot, so sitting cross legged hurts still (especially with a child sitting in my lap). But biking is no longer a problem and even walking up and down stairs are becoming painless. SPRAINING YOUR ANKLE REALLY SUCKS.
Jason was a wonderful boyfriend yesterday and took me to the JCC gym to try to show me around some of the equipment that they had there. It was the first time I put on my shoes since the fall and my left one still was really swollen and looked terrible in my shoe. I let it get into my head and it really bothered me. So as I left the bathroom where I changed to go into the gym to meet Jason, I was nervous because of how it looked. And as a result entered in a terrible mood and didn't want to participate in any of the workouts he wanted to try. So we just stay for like 5 minutes and left. I acted terrible, but I was just uncomfortable and upset still over my foot.
I've been struggling with a woman at work and have really just wanted to go to the gym, hop on the treadmill and watch the real housewives drama unfold on my lunch hour to help detach from the classroom. It's been two weeks and I actually miss doing it. That's a good sign...right?! right!
Speaking of work, I wore my under armor shoes today at work and actually it really helped, maybe I should have listened to the doctor at patient first when they said where support. Aren't my rainbows with arch support enough? I hate the look of my jeans and tennis shoes- yuck!
So, my plan is to take another week off and then start slowly going back during my lunch break to start walking and then move into an incline walk and then ease back into the jogging I need to do. I think I need to invest in a new pair of shoes, too. That might have been part of the issue two weeks ago. Or just me being silly.
HURRAY FOR THE WEEKEND!
5 songs that I can't get out of my head.
1. Adele- Rumor Has It
2. Good Morning to you and you and you
3. Zoom guli guli
4. Be Ok
5. You are my sunshine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment